Uncommon Ways to Use Salt
If you think that salt is used only to season food, think again. There are literally hundreds of ways that salt can be used as a natural cleaning aid, kitchen helper, stain remover, and even for medical purposes!
Continued from page 1
6. If you are feeling fatigued, relax in a tub of water containing several handfuls of salt for at least ten minutes
7. Salt is good for exfoliation. After a bath or shower, massage dry salt over wet skin. The salt aids circulation and removes dead skin cells, promoting new growth
Salt has been used since ancient times to help preserve foods. Here are four updated tips for using salt in the kitchen.
1. Fruits and vegetables such as apples, pears and potatoes will retain their color by being dropped in cold, lightly salted water as they are peeled
2. Salads remain crisp if they are salted before being served
3. Wrap cheese in a cloth dampened with salted water before refrigerating to prevent mold
4. Add a pinch of salt to milk to keep it fresh longer Salt has always been considered a vital household ingredient. Besides flavoring foods, you can use it to clean, repel bugs, kill weeds, and keep food fresh.
Jo Ann LeQuang is a professional writer specializing in medical topics and a Christ-follower who blogs at AWretchLike.Me.